Monday, December 23, 2019

Slow Down and Breathe!

I get so caught up in the season, the hurry, the shopping, making, thinking, listing, cleaning, doing...that I almost forget to breathe.

Especially the closer we get to Christmas.  Do you do that too?

Sometimes we need to just take a deep breath in and slowly...blow...it...all...out.  Feel that tension in your shoulders and neck?  It's not meant to be there.

Now, repeat after me..."I'm not appointed for perfection".

Not in appearance, behavior (or those who belong to us), house condition, gift giving, food making, decorating, party throwing...none of it.

I know I will have to repeat these steps many times!  Take some time for yourself, make a cup of something warm to drink and savor it, take a few minutes to read something you enjoy, stop and take in your surroundings.  Try to notice the gifts around you that you might be overlooking.  I noticed the sun illuminating these poinsettias, and had to take a minute to admire them.  Amazing how a little plant in the sun can even be a gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment