Wednesday, July 24, 2019

You Might Be the Answer to a Prayer

It hadn't necessarily been a rough week, but it had patches.  Just full of the general business, bits of discouragement, not enough good sleep, a few disagreements, a little too much noise, and a general feeling of overwhelm.  All the things that can weigh a person down pretty quickly.

I prayed about my attitude, I took it all to God.  I still didn't feel peace, and the cloud of grumpiness hadn't yet dissipated.

So I prayed more, this time I itemized. 

I think sometimes that helps to lay it all out there, maybe helps to process it, and realize how trivial some things are.  But I still felt a little...drowning.

My best dear friend called on her way home from a busy day at work, with her own difficulties, and I told her about mine.  Somehow just talking to her about it and knowing I wasn't the only one helped.  I started to say that I just couldn't believe praying about it didn't bring peace like it usually did...until I realized...I did have peace.  It had.

God HAD answered my prayers. 

He sent me a friend. 

Someone who called at just the right time, who knew how I felt.  I wasn't alone.  He had given me peace.

Sometimes we pray for a miracle, a sign, something big written in the sky.  But sometimes, it's right there.  As close as the air we breathe, maybe a verse in a devotion or a voice on the other end of the phone, a hug given at just the right moment, a smile in the middle of a cloudy day.

My friend had no idea she was the answer to a prayer, but I made sure and told her.  And then I said my thank you prayers. 

Did you ever realize YOU may be the answer to someone's prayer?  You have a place in this world, you have a place in others lives.  You never know when your smile or word of encouragement may just be the life preserver to another drowning soul. 

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment